Update: It saddens us to share that Layla lost her battle with cancer on November 11, 2017. We hope that this episode of our podcast with Sara O’Neal Stamp will give strength to families going through a similar situation. We invite our listeners to make a donation to honor Layla’s memory, and help fund the research to find a cure for Medullablastoma, please visit The Layla Strong Foundation’s website.
Sara O’Neal Stamp
Sara is a mother to a 4-year-old daughter with brain cancer, working mom and network marketer.
Sponsored by: TIMES TALES by TRIGGER MEMORY CO.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How they discovered her daughter’s brain cancer in October 2016.
- How quickly they acted between diagnosis to surgery (less than 24 hours).
- Medulloblastoma is the leading cause of childhood brain cancer.
- Her daughter’s tumor reoccurrence in different areas of her brain and spine just a few months after her treatment ended.
- The way her family has changed their norm for this summer to give Layla as much fun as possible!
- Money, insurance and starting a GoFundMe.
- The support of case workers and oncologists who advocate for your child alongside you.
- All of the stresses that families with medical hardship suffer in addition to the stress of hospital stays.
- Their current fundraiser, a golf tournament and the story behind it.
- Becoming a part of another foundation, Carson Leslie Foundation,
More about Sara
I am a working mom of two (Layla, 4 and Daniel, 2). By day, I manage data conversions for a benefits consulting firm and by night I run a network marketing business (Young Living essential oils). I’m also an aspiring writer and I blog about our family’s journey through the world of childhood brain cancer at LaylaStrong.org.
Being a working mom, I always prided myself on being a fantastic multi-tasker, but it took my child having brain cancer TWICE to finally realize that life is about more than how much you’re getting done in a day.
Do you know a mom you’d love to hear from on our podcast? We cover all topics related to life, work, motherhood, health, and so forth. Please drop us a line at email@example.com if you’d like to be interviewed or have someone you want to hear from!
You can also watch this episode on YOUTUBE.
Sponsor the podcast! Find out how HERE.
Our book is available! Get your copy now!
Pin for later!