Mallika Malhotra is a mom of 3 with the passion to help women discover and see the things that make them incomparable.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How she began taking photos of her kids and eventually moved into brand photography after 9 years of business.
- How to use your phone for your photography needs as a business owner.
- Aubrey’s frustration with photographers who use their popup flash on automatic.
- How it is difficult to stand out in the oversaturated market.
- Why she focuses on empowering her clients.
- Charging what you are worth based on your experience.
- Sharing her story and how it inspired others. It now bleeds into all aspects of her business.
- The way that everything is all tied together with your confidence as an entrepreneur.
- Letting people in behind the scenes to connect.
- Creating your own prop closet.
- The success branding can find you.
- Her morning routine and reading for 30 minutes uninterrupted every day.
- “Balance” and using time blocking and giving grace as an online entrepreneur.
- Raising our boys to see strong, entrepreneur mothers.
Find out Alexa got kicked out of her book club. 🙂
- Alexa’s Celebrity Interview with Cindy Mitch
- Using Instagram to grow your business – interview
- Rachel Hollis
- Sasha Gray
- Mallika’s new book: The Brand Photography Playbook: The Insider’s Guide to Planning Your Photo Shoot and Building a Stand-Out Brand
How Mallika keeps her life together:
- She loves her crock pot!
- Every Sunday she plans and blocks out time on her calendar with the things she needs to get done. **Super helpful for moms running businesses
- She participates in live events – which really helps her connect with other mom entrepreneurs
More about Mallika
Mallika Malhotra of Mikifoto + Co is a fun-loving photographer and brand energizer who works with women entrepreneurs, inspiring them to express themselves, share their stories and unleash their creativity through photography, branding and live workshops. She combines her strategic business sense with her photography skills to help her fellow lady bosses stand out and own their message with confidence. Her mission is to empower her clients to become incomparable and unforgettable leaders in their industries.
Based in northern NJ, Mallika also teaches live workshops on branding, vision boarding and iPhoneography as well as hosting local networking soirees. When she is not taking photos or building brands, she is at home with her three sons and husband, drinking coffee or red wine and dreaming about their next global adventure.
Do you know a mom you’d love to hear from on our podcast? We cover all topics related to life, work, motherhood, health, and so forth. Please drop us a line at email@example.com if you’d like to be interviewed or have someone you want to hear from!
Sponsor the podcast! Find out how HERE.
Our book is available! Get your copy now!
Pin for later!