Laura Jack is a grief recovery specialist and author of The Compassion Code.
In this episode, we talked about:
- Laura’s new book that just came out, The Compassion Code.
- How she started a hostel her senior year of college.
- When she stepped into a mentorship role and how it led her to grief recovery counseling.
- The unexpected loss of her mother.
- The ABC’s of Surviving and Thriving
- The biggest question people have after a loss is, “Who am I now?”
- How Aubrey started her company because she didn’t know what to say to someone after a loss and the parts of Laura’s new book that covers that.
- Having compassion for the people who don’t know what to say, as well.
- The importance of self-love and self-care and compassion for ourselves.
- The different days that are important to you when you are grieving – it may not be the anniversary of loss, but could be other important days.
- The compassion curve.
- Teaching our children compassion and how they grieve.
More about Laura
Laura Jack teaches about compassionate communication and how we can relate to one another more effectively during the challenging moments in life. Using practices of self-care and self-love, she helps people rediscover their light after loss. Laura’s mission is to cultivate a culture of compassion, starting with self, and to create a better understanding of loss and its accompanying grief.
Do you know a mom you’d love to hear from on our podcast? We cover all topics related to life, work, motherhood, health, and so forth. Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be interviewed or have someone you want to hear from!
Sponsor the podcast! Find out how HERE.
Our book is available! Get your copy now!
Pin for later!