Cyndi Turner is the author of Can I Keep Drinking? and the gold level sponsor of the 2018 LTC Holiday Gift Guide!
In this episode, we talked about:
- Cyndi’s approach to alcohol abuse
- The real statistics on alcoholism
- How alcohol affects men and women differently
- The Can I Keep Drinking? quiz
- Why moderation can make more sense than quitting cold turkey
- Strategies for dealing with family members who don’t understand why you’re not drinking
- The reaction of other professionals to Cyndi’s moderation approach
This episode is sponsored by the 2019 LTC Holiday Gift Guide!
More about Cyndi
Cyndi Turner is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioner, and Master Addictions Counselor who has been in the mental health care field for over twenty years. She is the Co-Founder and Clinical Director of Insight Into Action Therapy with offices in Fairfax and Ashburn, Virginia. She co-developed and facilitates the Dual Diagnosis Recovery Program©, is a national speaker on alcohol moderation, supervisor for licensure, GoodTherapy topic expert/contributor, and therapist for players involved in the National Football League Program for Substances of Abuse. Her #1 new release book Can I Keep Drinking? How You Can Decide When Enough is Enough offers alternative ways to have a healthier relationship with alcohol. But her most important job is raising two independent ladies.
Pin for Later!