Carrie is a communication expert, speaker and mom of 5 who homeschools alongside running a business with her husband at home.
This episode is sponsored by Write.Publish.Sell! Do you want to write a book, but don’t know where to start? How about if you could get your first step done – and write your outline in one hour? Plus get valuable tips on your next steps? Check out this online training!
In this episode, we talked about:
- Her business of tackling communication issues within all types of relationships and how they began their communication business.
- Their experience with their third child’s birth and his NICU stay due to a rare bacterial infection he contracted in utero.
- Working with other couples to assist with their communication 2 on 2 online.
- How frequently couples hold their problems in without sharing with each other.
- How important listening is to communication.
- Building confidence in communication.
- Teaching teenagers social skills because they are so wrapped up in technology.
- Raising successful children who contribute to society by allowing them to choose their own paths.
- Why they chose homeschooling for their family and how traveling is so good for education.
Resources for Carrie:
More about Carrie:
Carrie Sharpe is a Communication Consultant and Speaker at He says, She says. She has been married to her husband, Ryan, for over nineteen years. They have five children, including twin daughters. During their marriage, they have experienced everything from financial strain to miscarriages to the life-threatening illness of their son, Maverick. Carrie describes that experience in her signature talk, “Trusting God With Our Maverick.”
Carrie believes that the foundation of every great relationship is effective communication, so she loves to help people overcome communication challenges and strengthen their relationships. She coaches clients in public speaking, marriage and family communication, workplace communication, and pageant interview skills.
Carrie earned her degree in Political Science and Psychology from Lake Superior State University. She homeschools her children full-time, and she runs her communication business from home. Carrie also has over twenty-five years of pageant experience– competing in them, judging them, emceeing them, and coaching contestants in interview skills. She is a Huffington Post Contributor and has been quoted in a variety of publications. Carrie has spoken across the United States and Canada about marriage, relationships, and communication skills.
Do you know a mom you’d love to hear from on our podcast for moms? We cover all topics related to life, work, motherhood, health, and so forth. Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be interviewed or have someone you want to hear from!
Our book is available! Get your copy now!