Just what is SMAD?
Well, it’s Social Media Anxiety Disorder (SMAD), first coined by Julie Spira, author of The Rules of Netiquette.
And just what are signs of SMAD? Spira says you may suffer from this if you have the following symptoms:
- The inability to part with your smartphone, even for a short while
- You feel crazy when you don’t immediately get a @reply for a tweet
- You and everyone else is at the dinner table on your phones, tweeting, texting, or Facebooking
- You are obsessive about your social media posts and refresh frequently to view comments on them
- You feel sick if someone unfriends or unfollows you
Maybe it’s time for you to take a break from social media!
It’s a proven fact that excessive use of technology can cause mental breakdowns. And this happens more often to women.
Here’s your chance.
March’s National Day of Unplugging is a 24 hour break from electronics. It occurs today! March 6-7th. I’m posting this, and then I’m unplugging.
So should you.
Enjoy your family.
Do something fun.
Don’t take your phone with you!
And then when your 24 hours is up, tell us about it!
Download Your FREE Copy NOW!
Get your free pdf of Lose the Cape! Realities from Busy Modern Moms and Strategies to Survive.
Latest posts by Alexa Bigwarfe (see all)
- January 2018 Book Club Pick – Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes - January 4, 2018
- Meet Our January Social Media Sponsor: Balance Personal Fitness Training - January 1, 2018
- Meet Our New Sponsor! The Brick Wall Coach - November 1, 2017