Mommy Needs Wine
Not that I really need a reason… but here are a few things that make me want to sit back for a moment and enjoy a nice adult beverage.
Top ten reasons I need a glass of wine:
- I have four children and a dog. I must add that the only time the dog comes near me is to bark loudly in my face to feed her or to stick her behind in my face hoping I will scratch it. Thankfully, the children haven’t adopted this approach.
- My son had an epic meltdown because I called him Nate instead of Nathan.
- There are still 10 hours until bed time.
- My baby is getting his top front teeth and his nose is running like a tap. I am not without tissue and teething toys and every shirt I have worn this week has some baby snot on the shoulder.
- It’s Friday, the sun is shining and I survived another Canadian winter. Cheers, eh?
- My preteen daughter is asking some pretty deep questions about sexual orientation, religion, the Antichrist, and life after death.
- This wine glass is the only clean dish left in the house at the moment.
- There are only 38 days left of my maternity leave and then I return to my other full time job.
- So far this morning I have done two loads of laundry (see #4) and a load of dishes but there are still dirty clothes and dirty dishes all over the house.
- Because I said so.
[bctt tweet=”Here are 10 reasons mommy needs a glass of wine! #momlife ” username=”naomipelss”]
Thanks to my son Nathan (NOT Nate) who created this picture.