We’ve been talking a LOT about Jody Smith over the last few months, since she’s the author of Princess Monroe. We interviewed her live on Facebook back in September for the launch of the book but never officially published her podcast episode. We were waiting for JUST the RIGHT moment – when you’re shopping for Amazing Christmas/Hanukkah gifts for friends, loved ones, teachers, etc!
Plus, we’re super excited that Princess Monroe has been translated into Spanish! Get your copy of La Princesa Monroe et Su Final Feliz wherever books are sold and on Amazon!
In this episode, we talked about:
- Jody’s 7-year journey to bring Princess Monroe’s story to the world
- Why Princess Monroe needed to be written
- How fairy tales do a disservice to girls and boys
- All about the illustrator that brought Princess Monroe to life
- The book trailer by Kirthi Nath, of Cinemagical Media
- Kirthi’s video project, More Women Leaders Everywhere
- Alexa and Jody’s favorite quotes from kids about the book
- How bringing this book into the world was like a birth plan gone awry
- Kate Butler’s Visible Live
- How overwhelming it is to publish a book
- The Courageous Girl Community
This episode is sponsored by the 2019 LTC Holiday Gift Guide!
More about Jody
Jody Smith is a first-time author and longtime believer in fairytales. A former interior designer and store owner, this now present mama, dreamer and explorer is telling stories just outside of Mpls, MN. She loves watching her two charismatic girls use their imagination, grit, smarts and whimsy to navigate this world. It inspired her to write a book for all the princesses who are capable of saving themselves and for all the mindful mothers who revel in raising strong daughters.
Pin for Later!