Jessica is a business owner by passion and a motivational speaker by accident. Her story will make you think hard about consequences and how to overcome painful and heart breaking experiences in your life.
This episode is sponsored by Carrie Sharpe of He Says, She Says. Carrie is a communication expert, speaker and mom of 5 who homeschools alongside running a business with her husband at home. Carrie believes that the foundation of every great relationship is effective communication, so she loves to help people overcome communication challenges and strengthen their relationships. She coaches clients in public speaking, marriage and family communication, workplace communication, and pageant interview skills.
- Carrie is giving away one Broadcast Audit from He Says, She Says, Retail Value: $47
If you win, you’ll send a link to your Facebook Live or other Live broadcast, and receive an email within two days detailing how to make your broadcasts more effective. It will include tips to make your broadcasts more visually appealing and to help you connect with your audience to make an impact. Get more viewers, shares, and engagement with a Broadcast Audit!
In this episode, we talked about:
- Her journey to motivational speaking from a troubled past.
- Closure after the death of her best friend.
- How your speaking story shifts as you move from healing to healed.
- Telling the hard parts of your story as a business owner.
- Your story is never going to get old – someone will always connect differently.
- Her upcoming course on speaking for your business.
- How to start out as a speaker.
- Facebook Lives and how important it is to get over the fear.
- Being so crystal clear on her message and her intentional time with family.
- How she copes with stresses.
More about Jessica:
Jessica Rasdall is a Motivational Speaker and Coach. She partners with creatives to craft stories and presentations that connect with their audience and stand out in a crowded market. Jessica has shared her story of turning her “mess into a message” for nearly ten years and has been featured on major international media outlets such as ABC’s 20/20, Katie Couric, The Guardian, MTV and much more.
When Jessica was a freshman in college, she made a life-altering decision that resulted in the death of her best friend. In an effort to raise awareness, cope with her guilt and keep her friend’s memory alive, she began sharing her story. Jessica spoke to over 15,000 young adults across the country before she was sentenced to prison.
By rewriting their story, her clients are transforming what were once considered “liabilities” into some of their greatest business assets.
You can also watch this one on YouTube!
Do you know a mom you’d love to hear from on our podcast for moms? We cover all topics related to life, work, motherhood, health, and so forth. Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be interviewed or have someone you want to hear from!
Our book is available! Get your copy now!