Feeling overwhelmed and anxious during this time of unknown? We’re all anxious right now.
The world is full of anxiety right now. As moms are home with their children, trying to figure out a new balance of a life with everyone home ALL THE TIME and no clear end in sight, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Alexa shares some tips on things that are helping her maintain her sanity through a period of heightened anxiety, and why we all need to stick together.
In this episode, we talked about:
- This is a stressful time – Alexa shares her story of a similar time in her life
- The importance of finding the time to just breathe. – breathe in for 4 counts, hold 4, breathe out 4
- Free apps like Headspace to help with breathing and calming
- The Mindful Mother’s Way: Finding Confidence, Connection, and Calm in the Practice of Motherhood by Sarah Gyampoh – available at: https://amzn.to/2wF9gns
- YOUR MOM SQUAD group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/YourMomSquad/
- Mindfulness exercises for kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsy2L9VvX90
- Cosmic Yoga (not mentioned but we are loving this – it’s great for the kids and adults!) https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- We will make it through!
Want to learn more about getting involved and making a difference?
Check out our book, Mom’s Guide to Becoming Socially and Politically Engaged.
Pin and Share!