I am SOOOOO excited to share this podcast with you all! Today’s interview is with the Science of Parenthood book authors Jessica and Norine, who are currently on the #boogiewipestour. This is SUCH an exciting event for two main reasons:
1 – because they are awesome moms with a really fun website, who have taken their creativity and put it into an incredible book!
2 – they are bloggers who have become published authors AND managed to get a corporate sponsor for a book tour! Unheard of!
I had the pleasure of interviewing Jessica and Norine about the book and their experience, and am thrilled to share it with you!Join us for the Science of Parenthood book #boogiewipestour #podcast Ep. 13 Click To Tweet
In this podcast, we talk about:
- Their first 2 books – The Big Book of Parenting Tweets and The Bigger Book of Parenting Tweets
- Kate Whine Hall – the co-creator of said books and writer at Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine?
- How to Get your signed copy of The Science of Parenthood
- The self-publishing process vs. traditional publishing
- She Writes Press and the hybrid press
- Their most popular cartoons
- The awesome company that is Boogie Wipes and how they got sponsorship for the #boogiewipestour
- How to still jump on board their Science of Parenthood book tour – they are doing cool IN HOME book signings (with goody bags!) all over the country!
You’re going to love these ladies, and their book!
A little about the book:
SCIENCE OF PARENTHOOD: Thoroughly Unscientific Explanations for Utterly Baffling Parenting Situations
Just when you thought you couldn’t laugh any more at the follies, foibles and faux pas of modern parenting, along comes Science of Parenthood: Thoroughly Unscientific Explanations for Utterly Baffling Parenting Situations by Norine Dworkin-McDaniel and Jessica Ziegler.
Based on the duo’s popular illustrated blog, which uses scientific principles to lampoon parenting SNAFUs, Science of Parenthood drills deep into the core sciences—biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics—to provide tongue-in-cheek “explanations” for the ridiculous situations otherwise capable adults find themselves in as a result of birthing and caring for tiny humans.
Blending their trademark wit and brightly colored cartoons with flow charts, infographics and the kind of higher math typically seen only on physicists’ whiteboards, Science of Parenthood answers such mystifying questions as:
* Why do children grow up so fast, yet Candy Land drags on so s-l-o-w-l-y?
* Why must children sleep perpendicular to any adult laying down with them?
* Are construction-grade headphones an acceptable baby shower gift?
* How many tequila shots does it take to get through an episode of Caillou?
* Seriously, how is it possible for one kid to lose so many thermoses?
It’s been said (by Norine and Jessica actually) that raising kids defies all reason, logic and most of the laws of the universe. Science of Parenthood is simply required reading for any parent who has despaired of ever showering, sleeping or excavating their living room from layers of primary-colored plastic toys again.
About the Authors
Norine is the co-author and principal writer of Science of Parenthood. A longtime magazine writer, Norine’s articles and essays have appeared in just about every women’s magazine you can buy at supermarket checkout as well as on The Huffington Post, Parenting.com and Scary Mommy. Norine is the co-author of You Know He’s a Keeper…You Know He’s a Loser: Happy Endings and Horror Stories from Real Life Relationships (Perigee), Food Cures (Reader’s Digest) and a contributor to several humor anthologies, including Have Milk, Will Travel: Adventures in Breastfeeding (Demeter Press). She lives with her husband and 9-year-old son son in Orlando.
The daughter of famed New Yorker cartoonist Jack Ziegler, Jessica is Science of Parenthood’s co-author and illustrator. In her “off hours,” Jessica is the director of social web design for VestorLogic and the writer/illustrator of StoryTots, a series of customizable children’s books. Jessica was named a 2014 Humor Voice of the Year by BlogHer/ SheKnows Media. Her writing and illustration have been published on The Huffington Post, InThePowderRoom.com, Vegas.com and in Las Vegas Life and Las Vegas Weekly. She lives with her husband and 11-year-old son in Denver.
Together, Jessica and Norine are the creators of The Big Book of Parenting Tweets and The Bigger Book of Parenting Tweets, published earlier in 2015.
Find more about the Science of Parenthood book tour HERE.
To learn more about the Science of Parenthood book, listen to this and then go check out more from the Science of Parenthood website!